Thursday 15 October 2009

Evaluation of Pin Hole camera

I'm very serprised that the photos look really clear, considering that the camera was made out off a old shoe box and tin foil. The reason my pictures look so good is mostly because I made extra sure that my shoe box was not letting unwanted light in from the sides of the box or from the lid edges.

Because I calulated my F-Stop perfectly my photos were exposed to light for just the right amount of time and came out looking really clear. I wanted to take three pictures inside and two pictures outside. I'm very happy with the way my pictures deloped and all five of them came out really clear. Some of the photos are alittle strange looking with lots of blocks of light appearing in the picture, this is caused from many people constantly moving in front of the camera during its exposure. This has created quite an interesting look, that I happen to like alot.

If given the chance to make another Pin Hole camera, I'd try using a different object instead of a shoe box to see if I can make equally good looking pictures from something different other than a box, such as Quality Street Tin for example. What I've learned from making a Pin hole camera is that anyone can make one really easily without any major difficulty. Another thing I learned from this task was to have well calulated F-Stops to ensure the best possible exposure time, otherwise My photos could of looked either too black or too white.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Mark - your blog looks great generally - but the Pinhole posts look especially good. You have clearly demonstrated both in the theoretical and the practical elements a clear understanding of what was required of you during the rotation - resulting in some clear notes & some great images. Good stuff..

    ReplyDelete